Provide a summary of your findings. Describe significant community health problems based on your observations.The information gathered during the windshield survey should assist you to identify community health problems that will be further assessed in the next assignment.
PLEASE READ THE DIRECTIONS THAT ARE SUPPLIED TO YOU IN THE PDF FILES THAT ARE ATTACHED.
SPECIFICALLY PAY VERY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE ONE TITLED:
“Guidelines for Caring for Populations Milestone 1: Community Windshield Survey”
THEN FILL OUT THE 2ND PDF FILE THAT IS ATTACHED BASED ON PDF GUIDELINES AND THE INFORMATION THAT I HAVE SUPPLIED TO YOU BELOW IN RED TEXT. DO NOT CREATE ANOTHER FORM, USE THE FORM TITLED; Caring for Populations: Milestone1: Community Windshield Survey Form.
THIS FORM MUST BE USED AND SUBMITTED TO THE INSTRUCTOR. THE PDF THAT YOU WILL FILL OUT USING THE BELOW INFORMATION THAT I HAVE COMPLETED FOR YOU IN RED REGARDING THE COMMUNITY IN WHICH I LIVE, IS TITLED:
“Caring for Populations: Milestone1: Community Windshield Survey Form”
BOX 6-2 QUESTIONS TO GUIDE COMMUNITY OBSERVATIONS DURING A WINDSHIELD SURVEY – Nies, Mary, McEwen, M. (2015). Community/Public Health Nursing: Promoting the Health of Populations, 6th Edition. [VitalSource Bookshelf Online]. Retrieved from https://online.vitalsource.com/#/books/9780323188197/
Gathered from page 98 of the above mentioned book.
Caring for Populations: Milestone1: Community Windshield Survey Form
Directions: Please refer to the Milestone 1: Community Windshield Survey Guidelines and grading rubric for specific instructions in order to complete the information below. This assignment is worth 150 points.
Type your name, date, and observations directly on this form. Click Save as and save the file with the assignment name and your last name; for example, NR443 Windshield Survey Form_Smith. When you are finished, submit the form to the Week 2 Caring for Populations: Windshield Survey Dropbox by the deadline indicated in your guidelines.
Criteria Your response
1. Introduction of Community (20 points)
Identify the city and state of your community and briefly describe the community you will be using for this assignment. It should be the area where you live or the area surrounding your work setting but must include a residential area. Demographic data are not needed.
2. Windshield Survey (100 points)
a. Vitality:Use a majority of the questions from Box 6-2 in your text to describe your observations about the community vitality.
b. Indicators of social and economic conditions:Use a majority of the questions from Box 6-2 in your text to describe your observations about the social and economic conditions.
c. Health Resources:Use a majority of the questions from Box 6-2 in your text to describe your observations about the health resources.
d. Environmental conditions related to health:Use a majority of the questions from Box 6-2 in your text to describe your observations about the environmental conditions.
e. Social functioning:Use a majority of the questions from Box 6-2 in your text to describe your observations about the social functioning.
f. Attitude toward healthcare:Use a majority of the questions from Box 6-2 in your text to describe your observations about the attitudes toward healthcare.
3. Conclusion: (20 pts)
Provide a summary of your findings and your conclusion. What problems did you identify?
optional: List in APA format any referencesthat you used. If you include any references here, you must also include an in-text citation (author, year).
Guidelines for Caring for PopulationsMilestone 1:
Community Windshield Survey
The purpose of this assignment is to complete a direct observational assessment of a community in your area.This windshield survey will be the initial step in uncoveringa community health problem in your area and identifying community dynamics. This problem will be further assessed in the following two assignments.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes.
CO2: Assess the health needs of individuals, families, aggregates, and communities using demographic and epidemiological data to identify population health risks. (PO 4)
Submit to the appropriate basket in the Dropboxby 11:59 p.m. MT Sunday of Week 2.
1. Download the NR443 Community Windshield Survey form from Doc Sharing. You will type your name and answers directly onto this Word document. Your formdoes not need to follow APA formatting; however, you are expected to use a professional writing style with complete sentences, accurate grammar, and correct spelling. If references are used, they must be cited in the text and the complete reference should be included in the reference box in APA format. References are optional.
2. Watch Caring for Populations project overview and Milestone 1 tutorial by clicking this link. This tutorial is also available on Course Project page under Course Home as well as Week 2 Assignments page.
3. Save the file by clicking Save as and adding your last name to the file name; for example, NR443 Windshield Survey Form_Smith.
4. Submit the completed form to theCaring for Populations: Community Windshield SurveyDropbox by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 2.
5. Length: The completed formshould be three tofour pages in length (not including anyoptionalreferences).
Below are the requirements needed for successful completion of the Windshield Survey Form.
1. Introductionto the Community:Identify the community you will be using for this assignment with the city and stateand provide a brief one paragraph description of the community. Your community should be the area where you liveor the area surrounding your work setting. The community must include a residential area and be broad enough to answer the survey questions.You do not need demographic data.
2. Windshield Survey: Assess your community by doing a windshield survey.Information about the components of a windshield survey is located in your textbook, Nies& McEwen (2015) on page 98 (Box 6-2). Drive through the area and report your observations bydescribingeach of the following six areas using a majority of the questions from each category of Box 6-2 as your guide (one to two in depth paragraphs for each category). Be sure to include what you observed related to each of these categories, and also include any significant items that are missing in your communitybecause this may be equally important in identifying a community health problem.
a. Community vitality
b. Indicators of social and economic conditions
c. Health resources
d. Environmental conditions related to health
e. Social functioning
f. Attitude toward healthcare
Note: It is helpful to conduct this assessment at least two different times: during the day or evening, on a weekday and/or on the weekend. If possible, plan on askingsomeone to drive during your survey so that you cantake notes.
3. Conclusion:Provide a summary of your findings. Describe significant community health problems based on your observations.The information gathered during the windshield survey should assist you to identify community health problems that will be further assessed in the next assignment.
4. References: The purpose of this assignment is to document your observations of your community. Outside sources are not required. However, if sources are used, these sources must be cited within the form (Author, year) and listed in the reference section in APA format (see APA category in Course Resources for help with formatting).
BEST PRACTICES IN COMPLETING THE FORM
The following are best practices in preparing this project.
• Make sure all elements of the form are included.
• Review directions and grading rubricbelow thoroughly.
• Cite any outside references as above (these are optional).
• Use a professional writing style with complete sentences.
• Proofread prior to final submission.
• Check for spelling and grammar errors prior to final submission.
• Abide by the Chamberlain academic integrity policy.
GRADING RUBRIC:CARING FOR POPULATIONS: COMMUNITY WINDSHIELD SURVEY (150 POINTS)
Outstanding or highest level of performance B
Very good or high level of performance C
Competent or satisfactory level of performance F
Poor, failing, or unsatisfactory level of performance Pts
Introduction of Community
20 points Community identified and briefly described
(18–20 points) Community identified but description is missing
(16–17 points) Community identification and description are insufficient
(15 points) Community not identified or described
(0–14 points) /20
100 points Community assessed: findings adequately cover the six criteria listed
(92–100 points) Assessment of 1–2 of the criteria is missing or inadequate
(84–91 points) Assessment of 3–4 of the criteria is missing or inadequate
(76–83 points) Windshield survey not completed or criteria not followed
(0–75 points) /100
20 points Conclusion sufficient and includes brief summary of windshield survey findingsand identification of community health problems
(18–20 points) Conclusion lacks brief summary of findingsor problem identification
(16–17 points) Conclusion lacks brief summary and problem identification
(15 points) Conclusion not completed
(0–14 points) /20
10 points No more than two grammar or spelling errors; writes logically in complete sentences
(10 points) Threeerrors of any type
(8–9 points) Four errors of any type
(6–7 points) More than four errors of any type
(0–5 points) /10
Total Points: /150
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH homework shine TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
The post Provide a summary of your findings. Describe significant community health problems based on your observations.The information gathered during the windshield survey should assist you to identify community health problems that will be further assessed in the next assignment. appeared first on homework shine.]]>