Evaluate three weaknesses of the current primary leader’s leadership practices using the same scholarly leadership theory you used in part C1.
For this task, you will write a 10-16 page paper on an existing organization with which you have had personal experience. The organization can be a business or a nonprofit, and you may represent any level of the organization (e.g., team, division, whole) in your analysis. Your description of the organization should convey personal experience, rather than information gained from secondhand sources or media coverage. For this task, you will first describe the chosen organization and will then perform a SWOT analysis on that organization. You will then analyze that organization’s leadership.
Note: Any information that would be considered confidential, proprietary, or personal in nature should not be included in the actual task submission to WGU. Do not include the actual names of people, suppliers, the organization(s), or other identifiable information. Fictional names should be used. Also, organization-specific data, including financial information, should not be included but should be addressed in a general fashion as appropriate. Work performed for a client or an employer is their property and should not be used without written permission.
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. An originality report is provided when you submit your task that can be used as a guide.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
Note: When using sources to support ideas and elements in an assessment, the submission MUST include APA formatted in-text citations with a corresponding reference list for any direct quotes or paraphrasing. It is not necessary to list sources that were consulted if they have not been quoted or paraphrased in the text of the assessment.
A. Describe your chosen organization by doing the following:
Note: The organization must be an existing organization; one that is currently in operation.
- Describe an existing organization and its objective(s).
- Describe three leadership practices of the current primary leader of the existing organization.
- Discuss how the current leadership has affected organizational culture.
B. Conduct a SWOT analysis evaluating the chosen organization by doing the following:
Note: In your evaluation, consider the effects that communication practices, technology, ethics, and globalization have on your organization.
- Evaluate two of the organization’s strengths.
- Evaluate two of the organization’s weaknesses.
- Evaluate two of the organization’s opportunities.
- Evaluate two of the organization’s threats.
Note: Opportunities and threats must be current and not already met, or resolved.
C. Conduct a leadership evaluation of the current primary leader described in part A2 by doing the following:
Note: As part of your evaluation, you will need to use one scholarly leadership theory and three scholarly sources.
- Evaluate three strengths of the current primary leader’s leadership practices using a scholarly leadership theory.
- Evaluate three weaknesses of the current primary leader’s leadership practices using the same scholarly leadership theory you used in part C1.
- Recommend three theory-based practices to maximize the future success of the current leader and the organization, using the same scholarly leadership theory you used in part C1.
Note: All theories must be supported.
- Include at least three scholarly sources to support your analysis of the primary leader’s practices.
Note: A scholarly source could be a reputable journal, a published book, any source from a university faculty member, or business leader. Scholarly sources also include any article or book in the online WGU library.
D. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
The post Evaluate three weaknesses of the current primary leader’s leadership practices using the same scholarly leadership theory you used in part C1. appeared first on superioressaypapers.]]>