Assignment – 800 words, doubled spaced, one inch margins, MLA format
This paper is not the typical autobiography—you are moving beyond just writing about your background to write a well structured and supported rhetorical reflection about how you perceive yourself and an event in your life.
The way I will figure if it is too personal or private is . . .
· Am I comfortable sharing this essay with my peers or my instructor?
· Do I have concerns about the manner in which people will respond?
· How well am I able to reflect on the experience or subject?
· Is reflecting on a particular memory too painful or even traumatic?
· How do I want my instructor and peers to respond to this paper?
What do I want them to focus on?
What do I want them to think after they read this memoir?
· How do I feel about being graded on certain memories and part of my life?
These are some things to consider in order to write a successful paper. . .
· Use your subject to grab my reader and pull them into my paper
· The paper will have a purpose a rationale as to why you chose a specific subject
· Have a definite chronological beginning and end to your memoir. Ask yourself ‘am I covering too much material?’
· Structure memories in a chronological manner, and do not necessarily indicate which one is less or more important
· In the conclusion, focus on the idea of “what this life experience has taught me” or “what I learned from this experience” in order to maintain some organization and flow
· Give as many specific details as possible, not only tell but show your audience what you are writing about
· Avoid choosing a subject that is too familiar to avoid a boring and unchallenging essay
· Proofread carefully and use the Writing Center if possible.
· 800 words, doubled spaced, one inch margins, MLA format
· Has an interesting title that begins the argument
· Paper draws on memory and observations as sources of information and support
· Uses a fast write from class, or choose your own significant event to write about
· Uses a narrative style of developing ideas for this paper
· Balances details and reflection, and demonstrates how to engage in dialectal methods of thinking and writing
· Illustrates some poignant events or moments to give your reader a sense of what occurred and to demonstrate your abilities as a writer
· Sketches a scene, write a dialogue, and use sensory detail more than just tell statements
Posted: 15 Minutes AgoDue: 07/03/2019Budget: $35
The post Assignment – 800 words, doubled spaced, one inch margins, MLA format appeared first on superioressaypapers.]]>